Woman's Club of De Pere
Together We Can Make a Difference ...
Founded in 1911, The Woman’s Club of De Pere celebrates 105 years of community service in De Pere and Brown County. Our organization provides our members with a flexible forum for volunteerism in the community while encouraging fun and lifelong friendships.
Meetings are held at the De Pere Community Center, 600 Grant St., the second Wednesday of each month, September through May. Meetings include a luncheon as well as informative or entertaining programs. Our Kick-Off Luncheon in fall and our End of Year Luncheon in May are yearly events, while other meetings may include cooking classes, guest speakers, fashion shows and musical entertainment. .
Each year, the Woman’s Club raises money to provide a variety of services to local groups and charities. Our major fundraisers include our November Spaghetti Dinner and Raffle, and our Poinsettia Sale.
Our time, talents, and funds raised, are given generously throughout our community:
- We coordinate our efforts with the Red Cross in an annual Blood Drive at St. Norbert College.
- Our Garden Club group works with the De Pere Beautification Committee to prepare, plant and maintain public flower beds throughout the De Pere area.
- Annually, the club hosts the Helen Mears Art Contest which recognizes and rewards the artistic talents of our middle school youth.
- We award scholarships to graduating seniors to continue their education.
- Scholarships are also provided to area teens to attend the WILS ( Wisconsin Leadership Seminar) held annually.
- We volunteer our time and/or baking skills for Santa’s House at the White Pillars .
- Several of our members provide tutoring in local schools.
- We help fund area high school sponsored graduation parties in an effort to prevent drug and alcohol use.
- Our efforts are extended to area shelters, food pantries, and outreach groups.
- At the end of the year, we accept requests for monetary donations from local charities and civic improvement groups which we try to accommodate with our remaining budget.
An important aspect of our club is the variety of involvement members may choose. We have groups within the club for those with specific interests. Our Book Club meets monthly. The Garden Club gathers whenever necessary to maintain the beauty of our community. Bus trips are planned throughout the year. We have toured museums, attended plays and musicals, and visited areas like Door County. Some members meet for lunch and cards. The opportunities are endless.
New members are welcomed and encouraged. If you are looking for an environment which offers opportunities to improve the community while making friends, the Woman’s Club of De Pere may be your answer.